Monday, March 18, 2013

Running Advertisements: A Few of My Favorites


Okay, I have been uninspired lately, overworked, and I think I am suffering from a bad case of SAD (seasonal affective disorder).  My running is lackluster, and I can barely stand to go outside in the cold. I have some great ideas for posts, but neither the time nor energy to write them.

However, I did feel an obligation to post since I have been absent for so long. This week in one of my classes, we are doing ad analysis papers. Because of that I have been looking at some great advertisements. Some of the running ads have been giving me some smiles. I thought I would share some with you.

My favorite running ads:

Nike Free: Bare Naked Running Camp
This is my all-time favorite running commercial. Hilarious. (Just a note: If you find nudity offensive, skip this one)





Skechers
Not most of our first choice for running shoes, but maybe this ad will convince me to give them a try.





Nike Again




In my mind, Nike does make the best running commercials.  In a future post I will look at some of their motivational ones that I love that I did not include here, but now I would like to show you some of my favorite print ads.

My all-time favorites were an ad campaign done by Adidas a while back. Its tag line was “Runners, Yeah We’re Different,” and some of their pics were hilarious for a runner (although a few of them problem grossed out a few  non-runners).  Here are some of my favorites from that campaign: 








How many of these are you guilty of?  :-)


Now I am sure that I have probably missed some of your favorites. If there is anything you think I need to see, please share the link in the comments. I am always looking to be entertained, especially on another snowy, windy, yucky winter day like today. Will winter ever end????? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND?
I would love to hear from you!! Please feel free to comment, ask questions, leave ideas for future postings, or just say "hi."